Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Kaleidoscope Day

Sara, Renee, Miriam (From Haifa) and I spent a day making a Kaleidoscope Quilt.  Sara made one and wanted to make another, so we joined her this time.  Under her careful instructions we accomplished a great deal.  We used the Ricky Tims video which Sara purchased and used his method.  Here we see helpful husbands again.  My husband and Sara's husband set up the video for us to watch after we already did most of our quilt.  Better late than never.  A big thank you to them for their assistance.
  
Sara trimmed her her first quilt and put on the binding.  It turned out so lovely.
This quilt is put together with individual wedges.  Here we can see on Sara's first quilt how it comes together.
Work, work, work..
 
This is the progress on my quilt.
Now it really gets hard.  I have to continue this and make it square and then sew it together.

3 comments:

  1. Sara's quilt is absolutely gorgeous. I love the gold thread she used for quilting. I like your color selection Etty. I can't wait to see it finished. You ladies sure picked a pattern with the 'WOW' factor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what lovely quilts. I've never seen one made in this fashion. I love it! I think I'll be giving it a try. I love working with strips and this one definitely has the wow factor. They are both so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete