Monday, March 29, 2010

Sara's Batik Quilt

During all Sara's Pesach prepartions, she was able to complete another quilt.  Here is what she said about it.

Hi Y'all,

This is a first...a quilt for our beds.
It's called "Autumn". (right,my colors).
I collected all these fabrics for a while. When I finally got all the fabrics together, my mom passed away.  I didn't think it appropriate, during my year of mourning, to make and have something so beautiful (like buying new clothes), so I waited out the year.
Now, the finished quilt is on our beds and I do love it!  Unfortunately, the lighting in these pics doesn't show the vibrancy of the batiks.
By the way, the quilt that I made that I said was "just for me" is a guestroom quilt, not on my bed. I just love looking at it!
All the best,
Sara

1 comment:

  1. I do love this quilt and hope to see it in person one of these days. The colors are so much nicer than how than they came out in the photos!
    Chag Sameach Etty! You and your family should all have a happy, healthy Pesach!

    ReplyDelete